Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Outside Reading: Day 9 - New Book

In an effort to not ruin the ending of Jerk California, written by Jonathan Friesen, I have started to read a new book and blog on this new book instead of continuing to blog about my last book, resulting in "spoilers". The new book i have began to read is one of the three book choices we were given in class recently. Of course I didn't choose this book to read then, I choose Slaughterhouse V by Kurt Vonnegut, but I chose one of the other books presented. This book is called The Weight of all Things by Sandra Benitez. So far, I have enjoyed this book, evcen know I know most of the beginning of the story through our classes fellow students presentations. Although this book is much different than Slaughterhouse V, it isn't that hard to transition between the twpo writing styles because The Weight of all Things has an interesting story, with a attention getter in the beginning. Instead of just giving a bunch of semi relevant details to the point of a literay induced coma, this book begins the story with the most "exciting" part of the book, which is the death of Nicholas, the main character's mother.

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Gold Mining Companies. Powered by Blogger