Monday, February 16, 2009

Outside Reading: "NEW AGE SPIRITUALITY"

Our topic was religion, and instead of picking my faith to talk about, as much as i would like to, I chose something different. I chose something that is very different from my beliefs, and is quite controversial, and that is "New Age Religion". The article gave a brief description of New Age religion, most likely because there really isn't anything else to say about it; its basic, and lacks depth. The article I read described it as a group spiritual people, adding to making a new or adding to their previous, religions. Some of today's "Christians" call them selves "new age" and go by its rules, which is contradictory to Christianity. This is true due to, first of all the last page of the Bible, " 18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book." Revelations 22;18-19. I found this particular article interesting because it had a lot of religious statistics and other information.


0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Gold Mining Companies. Powered by Blogger