Sunday, February 22, 2009

Outside Reading: Affecting Change In Our Schools


The topic given was "change" in any way, and since I'm writing for school, I decided reading about change in schools, would be appropriate. The article I read hit on the idea of changing the ways school taught. For example, spreading the learning process into the world, instead of just in the classroom. I found this interesting because it is a very good idea for many students and schools. Although I think expanding the classroom is a good idea, I do think that there is more to it; and that is the teacher-student relationship. Personally, I've found it extremely helpful in school once I've established a personal connection with a teacher. This way it is much easier to view them as a person and not a human less robot. History used to be my worst subject, but now that I have established that connection, I come into class and am able to listen to what my teacher has to say easily. Still, expanding the classroom allows students to have hands on experiences, and get to know what they're dealing with. It also prepares them for future jobs.

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Gold Mining Companies. Powered by Blogger