Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Outside Reading: "Barack Obama: Hope, Fear...Advice"




Upon seeing that tonight's topic was hope, I thought of all the Obama campaign signs, and the meaning behind it. When i started to search for an article related to it, i found many about how the artist was suing, and other pointless articles about it. I stumbled across a collection of answers to a survey, by many authors. Although this really isn't an "article" I decided to use it for many reasons. One, I'm trying to have an open mind and positive outlook on our new President, as much as I don't like his policies and beliefs. Also, because of the authors responses to the 3 questions. One answer that that was brought up multiple times was the issue with/in Israel. Since I support supporting Israel, very strongly, to see authors have the same views as me on it, was an encouraging thing to see. Most of the time, Conservatives are criticized, especially in our schools (some rightfully so, though). Conservatives who only are that way because of one issue, such as gay marriage or abortion, due to their religion (Christianity) give Conservatives a bad name. Anyways, enough ranting about political parties, this article has enriched my mind by showing me the views of intellectual, and articulate people.

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Gold Mining Companies. Powered by Blogger