Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Outside Reading: An Outline Geography of Ireland


Tonight I chose to read something more educational then my previous reads. I've wanted to go to Ireland for a long time, so I decided to study up on what its like. I've had an interest in Ireland mainly because of the land/geography, of course I think the culture and music are both amazing, but the scenery is something that has caught my eye. The article starts off by giving the specific identifying geographical information such as latitude, longitude, climate, elevation, etc... The body of the article describes the physical features, such as the Caledonian mountain range, stretching from Scandinavia through Scotland and Ireland. In the beginning of the article along with the basic geographical facts, its give information about its government; "

Since 1921 the island has been divided politically into two parts. The independent twenty-six county area, comprising 70,282 sq. km, has a population of 3,523,401 (1991). Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom and contains six of the nine counties of the ancient province of Ulster, has a population of 1,569,971 (1991). In 1973 Ireland became a member of the European Union (EU)."


Later it goes on to tell the reader about more about the physical landscape, which is what interests me. Ireland, along with having mountains, has many grassy hill regions with creeks, lakes, and rivers throughout them. I'm interested in photography, particularly pictures of landscapes and nature. So Ireland, with it's vass grassy regions, mountains, various bodies of water, and multiple bays, would be a wonderful opporunity for me to get some great pictures and just have fun!
Article From: Here
Picture From: Here

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Gold Mining Companies. Powered by Blogger